Skip to content

New Plaque At C Gate Entrance



Although the arches to the Celebration grounds have been moved to Madison Street, the original crab orchard stone columns remain at the C gate entrance. Carolyn Miller’s business, Lexington Blue Granite Company in Elberton, Georgia, constructed a beautiful plaque of flash black polished granite etched in full color with lettering in flat frosted letters of bright gold. The sign reads as follows:

THIS SITE WAS THE ORIGINAL MAIN ENTRANCE GATE TO THE GROUNDS OF THE CELEBRATION FROM 1948 TO 2001. THESE THREE MULTICOLORED STONE PILLARS SUPPORTED THE DECORATIVE WROUGHT IRON ARCHWAY THAT GREETED ALL THE PEOPLE TO THE SHOWPLACE OF THE TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE NATIONAL CELEBRATION. IN THE SPRING OF 2002, THE LANDMARK ARCHES WERE RELOCATED TO THE NEW ENTRANCE GATE ON MADISON STREET.

More Stories